A Tribute To The Late Chief Imam Of Ebiraland, Sheikh Musa Abdullahi Galadima

By

Imam Murtadha Gusau

Friday, April 19, 2019

In the name of Allah, The Most Gracious, The Most Merciful

All praise is due to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds. Peace and blessing be upon whom Allah sent as a mercy to the Worlds, Prophet Muhammad, upon his Family, his Companions and his Brothers till the Day of Resurrection.

Fellow Nigerians!

In the morning of Friday, April 19, 2019, Allah the Almighty again reclaimed one of his beloved servants; a renowned, famous and respected Islamic scholar, who died in National Hospital Abuja after a protracted illness, at the age of almost 100 and was buried according to Islamic rites.

Sheikh Imam Musa Abdullahi Galadima was laid to rest in Ateba-Agassa Okene, Kogi State, Nigeria.

The Funeral prayer was led by his son, Sheikh Luqman Imam at the premises of Okene Central Mosque, Okene, Kogi State, and was buried at his Ateba-Agassa residence beside Darul Arqam High school Okene, with thousands of his disciples and numerous Muslims in and around Ebiraland attending his burial.

Sheikh Imam Musa Abdullahi Galadima was appointed as the Chief Imam of Ebiraland 59 years ago, i.e. in 1960, through divine intervention by Allah when there was a crisis over the position of the chief Imamship of Ebiraland. Since then, he had never disappointed the Ebiras because peace and unity of the Ebiras and Muslims in general have been the hallmarks of his sermons over these decades.

Sheikh Imam Musa Abdullahi Galadima was to his family and all Muslims, a devoted husband and loving father. We all knew him, not only as a chief Imam of Ebiraland, he was also a much-loved father and respected leader to us all. Surely, the death of chief Imam of Ebiraland was very painful and he would be remembered for his humility, kindness, gentleness and generosity. He was a devout leader. As we mourn him, let his family and the good people of Kogi Central Senatorial District, his friends, his associates and relatives be comforted by the fact that the chief Imam lived a much fulfilled life. Though Imam was dead, but his legacies and his unprecedented love for his people and compassion should not be forgotten.

He is survived by wives, children, grandchildren and many grand grandchildren.

I’m sending my condolence message to all his family, to the Kogi state government under the able leadership of Alhaji Yahaya Bello, to our father the Ohinoyi of Ebiraland, to the Nigerian Muslims Ummah, to all the good people of Kogi state and all Nigerians, for this irreparable and irreplaceable loss.

Let’s pray to Allah the Most High, first of all, to give comfort and solace to the Late chief Imam’s family, and to help them quickly ease their pain, and to overcome their sorrow.

O Allah, shower your mercy and forgiveness on the soul of the late chief Imam of Ebiraland, Sheikh Musa Abdullahi Galadima and allow him to enter your garden (Jannatul Firdaus) Ameen.

The deceased Chief Imam granted Ebira Reporters an exclusive interview sometime ago where he spoke about himself and how Islam started in Ebiraland, as well as the challenges at its nursing stage and the circumstances that led to his Imamship. I reproduced the content of the interview unedited as follows:

I am Musa Abdullahi Galadima, my father’s name is Abdullahi while Galadima is my middle name. I was named Galadima by my Alfa (Islamic teacher) Sheikh Yahaya Tajudeen from a village called Ilajafila in Ilorin, Kwara state. Galadima literally means a successor.

I was born in Okene during the time of war in Obangede (1921). I was not opportune to have Western education at early stage because I started with Islamic education. I registered myself for Western education in the evening class when I was a teenager. The school was located in Okeneba then headed by a white man (European) where we were thought “Best Way to English” a book that afforded us to read and write when we were done with it. Few days we started, the white man came to our class and asked who could spell the word KNEE, I stood up and pronounced K-N-E-E as the spelling of the word (didn’t I spell it correctly? Laughs) I went back to Islamic school after learning how to read and write.

With my outstanding performance, the head of the school (a European man) wanted to take me to London for further studies but I rejected the offer because I was still young then and wanted to acquire more Islamic knowledge which I believed I would not be able to get if I accepted the offer.

My occupation is trading, I had traded bicycle and later ventured into garri business, plying the route of Auchi to buy garri which I would sell in Ebiraland. I later delved into motorcycle business, and later car business. The first car (Toyota) I bought from Lokoja was at the cost of N1,500, the second one (Peugeot) at the cost of N 3,000, and the third one (Toyota Pick Up Van) at the cost of N6,000. I ended up with cow business.

How did you acquire your Islamic knowledge?

I was given to Sheikh Yahaya Tajudeen, the first Islamic teacher in Ebiraland from Ilorin, Kwara State. I stayed with him till I built my own house and learnt every bit of Islamic knowledge from him.

As the Chief Imam of Ebira, can you tell us how Islam started in Ebiraland, the challenges and the progress made so far?

My Alfa narrated to me that my father (Abdullahi) dreamt and saw two Islamic scholars. He went in search of them and in the cause of his search, he travelled to Kabba where he met my Alfa, Sheikh Yahaya Tajudeen who later agreed to follow my father to Ebiraland on a horse and subsequently became the first Islamic scholar who guided people to Islam and impacting Islamic knowledge to the few Muslims in Ebira then.

Alfa Abdulsalam who also came from Ilorin became the first Imam of Ebiraland. His daughter was later married by Abdulmalik Attah who gave birth to Late Seidat Bilkis.

The first challenge encountered was between the traditional festivals who often complained and even threatened Muslims for revealing the long held tradition of Ebira masquerade to women through Islamic teaching.

Another challenge encountered at the early stage of Islam in Ebiraland was during the time of face-off between the then king of Ebiraland, HRH Alhaji Ibrahim Onoruoiza Attah and his brother Wokili. In the heat of the face-off, Attah was given a house arrest by the colonial administration because of an allegation leveled against him. The first Imam of Ebiraland (Alfa Abdulsalam) saw this as an aberration and a move that is against the doctrine of Islam which preaches respect for established authority and negotiation in terms of conflict.

The Imam left Ebiraland and his departure created a void for Islam that is still fresh in the hearts of the people. Nobody to lead the prayer and all Islamic activities was brought to a halt in Ebiraland. The status of Ebira Muslims then was nothing short of an orphan. It reached a level that the traditional worshippers will pass through our Mosque just to mock us, and call us names. It was a devastating moment for Ebira Muslims.

During this time of trial, my father voluntarily gave out ram to be slaughtered and offered prayer for the return of Attah and the commencement of Islamic activities. I was among those that fetched water used to perform ablution that day. The colonial administration later found the allegation to be false, Attah was freed and his return ushered the awakening of Islamic activities.

Sheikh Yahaya Tajudeen (first Islamic teacher) was made temporary Imam to fill the void created by the departure of Alfa Abdulsalam. Mallam Ganiu was later made the chief Imam. He reigned for seven years, after his demise, Mallam Suleiman became the third Imam and the first Ebira man to occupy the position. Imam Suleiman also lasted for seven years, and my Alfa, Sheikh Yahaya Tajudeen was later made the chief Imam and died after five years. This is how my Alfa held the position of Imam twice.

How did you become the Chief Imam of Ebiraland?

Following the death of my Alfa who happened to be the last Imam, I was called to become the chief Imam, I rejected the offer, it took the effort of Alhaji Abdulmalik Attah who was in London then before I accepted the call. I was 58 years old then, married with five kids. Since then, I had led Ebira Muslims to Hajj for 28 times (28 years).

Can you tell us the roles you played in ensuring peaceful co-existence amongst Muslims and other religious faithfuls in Ebiraland?

I have said this several times and I will continue to say it till I die that the Tijaniya Muslim should not insult those that are not Tijaniya. Everybody should be doing what he believes without compelling or insulting others that have contrary opinion.

It has always been part of my preachings that Muslim should not insult the Christians in their preachings (Imam quotes Qur’anic verse to support his statement); although we’ve not really recorded any serious problem between Ebira Muslims and the Christians in the land. The only major religious problem which I had intervened severally is between the traditional worshipers with their masquerades and the Muslims in Ebiraland.

What advice do you have for Muslims in Ebiraland?

Ebira Muslim and other religious faithfuls should live peacefully with one another, tolerate the excesses of others for peaceful co-existence. I will also use this opportunity to advise Ebira sons and daughters to accept the decree of Allah and be patient with our son, the Governor of Kogi State while supporting him with prayers to succeed.

Thanks for coming, may Allah bless you all and make your life’s pursuits beneficial, and grant you all righteous spouses. (End of the interview).

Dear brothers and sisters! I enjoin you and myself to fear Allah, for it (the fear of Allah) is the provision and safety in this world and the Last Day:

“The day when neither wealth nor sons will avail, except him who brings to Allah a clean heart.”

Allah the Almighty says:

“Everyone shall taste death. And only on the day of Resurrection shall you be paid your wages in full. And whoever is removed away from the fire and admitted to Paradise he indeed is successful. The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing).” [Qur’an, 3:175]

Respected brothers and sisters! Such is the reality of death and what comes after it. Every one of us shall taste it whether poor or rich; healthy or sick, old or young; leader or led and none of us can escape it.

Allah the Most High says:

“Wheresoever you may be, death will overtake you even if you are in a fortress built up strong and high.” [Qur’an, 4:78]

Death, as manifested in its character and effects is one of the mysteries that dazzles human intelligence because it has to do with the soul.

Allah the Almighty says:

“And they ask you (O Muhammad) concerning the spirit. Say: ‘The spirit is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little.” [Qur’an, 17:85]

One of it’s mysteries is that you see a youth who was full of health and energy suddenly falls dead without warning; thereby making that youthfulness and energy fade away, bringing all his senses to a complete standstill. That youth might even be an erudite scholar, an eloquent author, a skilled physician or brilliant inventor but it is absolutely out of the question that this quality should prevent death from overtaking him when his time is due.

Allah the Most High says:

“When their term is reached, neither can they delay it nor can they advance it an hour (or a moment).” [Qur’an, 10:49]

Amr Bin Abdullah used to mount the pulpit (Mimbar) and say:

“Many a person who has seen the beginning of a day but would not see it’s end. And many a person who has expected morning but would not live to see it. If only you had known your appointed time and how it comes to pass, you would have detested nursing hope for worldly materials and its deception.”

While man enjoys his good health, playing and merrymaking, moving about in haughtiness, commanding and forbidding, death and illness suddenly attacks him, weakens his body, makes his limbs lifeless and then closes his record.

How near is death! Every day it becomes closer to us and no sooner has the book reached its appointed time that we belong among the dead. Then it becomes clear that life is really like flowers that bloom then afterwards wither or like a lamp that illuminates then afterwards dies down.

Let those who crave for this world and its pleasures ponder over these scattered graves all over the place and realise that the way to pleasures and lustful things, though decorated with beautiful roses inevitably leads to the present condition of those buried in these graves. Happiness is for him whom a messenger of death has opened his eyes to reality before he died, and whoever does not heed to the warning of the Qur’an and death, even if mountains were to thrust one another in front of him, he would not heed.

Dear brothers and sisters! What we witness in the cemeteries is a great lesson for us. The carrier of the bier to the cemetery today is taken back there tomorrow (as a dead person) and is left there only with his deeds either good or evil.

It is also very unfortunate that in these days we see some among those who escort the deceased laughing and playing or attending the funeral for showing off. This phenomenon is due to the heedlessness that has hardened people’s hearts and made them forget the Last Day and the frightening conditions of the grave. May Allah awaken us from this heedlessness! Ameen.

Respected brothers and sisters! It is expected of him who knows that he will die, be buried, raised up on the day of Resurrection and enter Paradise or Hell to always remember death, prepare for it and reflect on it. He is in fact expected to regard himself among the dead. This is because all that is coming is near and when the angel of death comes neither your wealth nor your people can prevent him from taking your soul.

Where are those who achieved their aims and none were comparable to them in that? They collected but could not eat what they collected; they built mansions but could not live there! We on our part are still swimming in the pool of life as if we are meant to live here forever. Uwais Al-Qarni said:

“Remember death when you sleep and always think of it when you are awake.”

Fellow Muslims! It is a fact that this world and its tribulations appear insignificant in the eyes of him who always remembers death, for, he has lofty aims and strong resolutions; he is far from hypocrisy and always yearns for the everlasting bliss in the eternal Paradise.

Dear brothers and sisters! Remembering death does not in any way make one’s life loathsome to him; forcing him to sit in his home and leave all means of sustenance. It is rather meant to deter him from committing sins and soften his hard heart. We remember death in order to have good preparation for it and for all that follows it by doing righteous deeds, obeying Allah and increasing one’s efforts in all acts of worship.

Imam Abdur-Rahman Ibn Mahdi said:

“If Hammad Bin Salamah is told, ‘You will die tomorrow.’ He will not be able to increase anything in his deed, because his time is full of worship and remembrance of Allah.”

Respected brothers and sisters! How do we prepare for death? We prepare for death by shunning all abominable things and returning trusts to their rightful owners. We prepare for death by eliminating hatred and enmity from our hearts. We prepare for death by being good to the kith and kin.

Abdullah Ibn al-Mubarak said that Salih Al-Mariy used to say:

“If the remembrance of death leaves me for an hour my heart becomes spoilt.”

It is also said that:

“Whoever frequently remembers death is honoured with three things: quick repentance, self-contentedness and energy in doing acts of worship; and whoever forgets death is punished with three things: delaying repentance, lack of contentedness and laziness in acts of worship.”

My beloved people! When will one who always follows his lustful desires and moves wantonly in his heedlessness remember death? When will one who has no regard for Allah’s injunctions in Halal or Haram remember death? When will one who deserts the Qur’an, prays not Fajr in congregation, usurps people’s property unlawfully, takes usury, and commits fornication, remember death? How can one whose habit is slandering others and backbiting, whose heart is full of rancour and envy remember death?

Fellow Muslims! The Prophets of Allah, whenever death came to them were given a chance of choosing between remaining on this world and moving to that noble position. It is beyond doubt that every Prophet would select the everlasting bliss. This happened to Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him), as narrated by Al-Bukhari and Muslim on the authority of Aisha (RA) that she said:

“The Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) used to say while he was healthy, ‘No Prophet died until he saw his place in the Paradise, he was then given the choice between that place and remaining in this world.’ So when he was dying and his head was on my thigh, he fainted for a while then regained his consciousness. He stared at the ceiling, then said, ‘O Allah! I choose the Highest Companionship.’ I then said, ‘He was not preferring us.’ It was then that I understood statement he used to tell us and it was true. She said, ‘The last word he uttered was: `Oh Allah, I choose the Highest Companionship.”

During death and its pain; in the grave and its darkness; and the Day of Resurrection and its horror people fall into two groups. A group shall remain firm; secured from fright and given glad tidings of Paradise while the other group shall suffer disgrace and ignominy.

Allah the Almighty says:

“Verily, those who say, ‘Our Lord is Allah (alone) and then stood straight, on them the angel will descend (at the time of their death saying,) ‘Fear not, nor grieve! But receive the glad tidings of Paradise which you have been promised.’” [Qur’an, 41:30]

Angels shall descend upon the believers who are straight in their religion during death in their graves and when they are resurrected in order to assure them of security and to allay their fears of the horror of the day of judgement. The angels will be telling them:

“Do not fear about what you are going to meet and do not grieve over what you will be leaving behind of children, family and wealth.”

The angels will also say:

“We have been your friends in the life of this world and (are so) in the hereafter.” [Qur’an, 41:31]

i.e. we will also be your friends in the hereafter, keeping your company in your graves and when the horn is blown, we will also assure you of security on the day of resurrection.

As for the unbelievers, when death comes to them and they start suffering its agonies, they will be subjected to ignominy and disgrace.

Allah the Most High says:

“And if you could but see when the wrongdoers are in the agonies of death, while the angels are stretching forth their hands saying, “Deliver your souls! This day you shall be recompensed with the torment of degradation because of what you used to utter against Allah other than the truth. And you used to reject His ayat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) with disrespect.” [Qur’an, 6:93]

Their sorrow shall increase so much so that they will wish to go back to this world.

Allah the Most High says:

“Until when death comes to one of them, he says, ‘My Lord send me back.’” [Qur’an, 23:99]

Imam Qatadah said while commenting on this verse:

“By Allah, he would not wish by this statement to go back to his family and wealth nor to collect the good things of this world and satisfy his desires. He would rather wish to go back and do acts of obedience to Allah. May Allah bless him who does in this life what the disbelievers would wish to do when he sees the torment of Hell!”

Fellow Muslims! How is the need of a dying Muslim to Allah’s success that his last words may be, “La ilaha illallah.”

Mu’az Bin Jabal narrated that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said:

“Whoever has ‘La ilaha illallah’ as his last words will enter Paradise.”

And Imam Ibn Al-Qayyim said:

“Dictating this word to a dying man is recommended because one who is dying experiences horrors that were unknown to him before, so it is feared that forgetfulness might overtake him since satan is close to human beings. Moreover, uttering this statement while dying has a great effect in erasing ones misdeeds because it is a testimony of a slave of Allah who believes in it and knows its meanings; for whose lustful desires are now dead and whose soul has become weak after its might. Then that testimony becomes his last utterance, it purifies him from all his sins because he meets with his Lord with a sincere testimony…”

The righteous predecessors also recommended that a dying person be reminded of his good deeds, so that he can have positive thoughts about his Lord. Jabir narrated: The Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said:

“None of you should die except in the state of having positive thoughts about Allah.” [Muslim]

And the Sunnah encourages talking about good deeds of a dead person and abstaining from talking about his misdeeds. Al-Bukhari reported on the authority of Aisha (RA) that she narrated:

The Prophet (Peace be upon him) said:

“Do not abuse the dead; for they have gone to meet the consequences of their deeds.”’

In Sahih Al-Bukhari, Abul-Aswad said:

“I came to Madinah while there was an epidemic there. I sat with Umar Ibn al-Khattab. Then a funeral procession passed by and people praised its owner. Umar said, “It becomes incumbent.” Then another funeral procession passed by and people also praised its owner, and Umar said, “It’s incumbent;” then a third procession passed by and people spoke ill of its owner. Umar also commented, “It becomes incumbent.” Then I said, “What is incumbent, O Leader of the Faithful? Umar (RA) answered, “I said as the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said, that, “Any dead Muslim whom four persons testify in his favour, Allah will make him enter Paradise, We said, “And three persons?” He said, “And three persons.” We also said, “And two persons?” He said, “Yes, and two persons.” We did not thereafter ask him of one person.”

It should be added that those whose testimony is regarded are the people of virtue and truthfulness. The testimony of an enemy shall not be considered.

It is also recommendable that the person who washes the dead should conceal whatever defects he may see on him. It is also a right of a Muslim on his fellow Muslims to escort his funeral, pray on him and supplicate for him. In Sahih al-Bukhari, Abu Hurairah narrated that the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said:

“Whoever attends the funeral of a Muslim faithfully and hoping for the reward of Allah and stays with him until Salah is done on him and he is buried, he will go back home with two qirats, each is as big as the size of Mount Uhud; and whoever observes Salah on him and then goes back before he is buried will get one qirat.”

As regards debts, the family of the deceased should hasten to pay it because a believer’s soul hangs on his debt until it is paid on his behalf. Debts of Allah should also be promptly paid for, it is more deserving to be paid. Ibn Mas’ud said:

“A Believer has no rest until he meets Allah.”

Dear brothers and sisters! Allah the Almighty says in the Qur’an:

“Blessed be He in Whose hands is Dominion; and He over all things hath Power; He Who created Death and Life, that He may see which of you is best in deed: and He is the Exalted in Might, Oft-Forgiving;…” [Qur’an, 67:1-2]

Respected brothers and sisters! The subject of death is very important to all of us. Every one of us has to die. In this regard Allah mentioned in the Qur’an in Surah Al-Zumar that everyone has to die including the Prophet Muhammad (Peace be upon him) himself:

“Truly you will die (one day), and truly they (too) will die (one day).” [Qur’an, 39:30]

Also Allah said in Surah Al-Ankabut that everyone has to die:

“Every soul shall have taste of death: In the end to Us shall you brought back.” [Qur’an, 29:57]

No one knows when and where to die. No one even knows how he is to die. In this respect Allah says in the Qur’an in Surah Luqman:

“Nor does anyone know what it is that he will earn on the morrow: Nor does anyone know in what land he is to die. Verily with Allah is full knowledge and He is acquainted (with all things).” [Qur’an, 31:34]

My good people! It is understood that Allah alone is the One Who gives life, and it is He Who takes off life. In this regard, Allah says in the Qur’an in Surah Al-Mumin:

“It is He Who gives Life and Death; and when He decides upon an affair, He says to it, ‘Be,’ and it is.” [Qur’an, 40:68]

Dear brothers and sisters! While life and death are from Allah, we have to remember that they are to take place with the permission of Allah alone. Each one’s life and death are decided by Allah. It is stated in the Qur’an in Surah Ali-Imran the following:

“Nor can a soul die except by Allah’s leave, the term being fixed as by writing. If any do desire a reward in this life, We shall give it to him, and if any do desire a reward in the hereafter, We shall give it to him. And swiftly shall We reward those that (serve us with) gratitude.” [Qur’an, 3:145]

Allah makes us die daily at night during sleeping. He makes most of us wake up from our temporary death to praise Him and to worship Him. The Qur’an states in Surah Az-Zumar the following:

“It is Allah that takes the souls (of men) at death; and those that die not (He takes) during their sleep: those on whom He has passed the decree of death, He keeps back (from returning to life) but the rest He sends (to their bodies) for a term appointed. Verily in this are Signs for those who reflect.” [Qur’an, 39:42]

Dear brothers and sisters! Allah has assigned an angel responsible for taking our souls out of our flesh. The angel’s name in the Qur’an is Angel of Death. Allah informs us in Surah Al-Sajdah (Prostration):

“Say: ‘The Angel of Death put in charge of you, will (duly) take your souls: Then shall you be brought back to your Lord.” [Qur’an, 32:11]

My beloved people! The life of a Muslim on this earth is a short one, but his deeds and actions are eternal if he knows how to channel them in the right directions. As far as the life span of a Muslim is concerned, our beloved Prophet said:

“The life span of my followers is between sixty and seventy. Very few of them do exceed this age.” [Tirmidhi]

While the life span of a Muslim is short, and while the deeds and actions do stop normally after death, a Muslim may continue to earn rewards for certain things even after his death. These are perpetual charity, a useful knowledge, a good child that prays for him, a Mosque that he built, teaching Qur’an to another person, a house he built for public use, a water fountain or a river that he rent and made it free for people, or a charity that he gave during his life while he was in good health. All these and similar others are the ones that may follow him even while he is in the grave. In this respect, the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said:

“When a child of Adam dies, his deeds are over except through three things: perpetual charity, a useful knowledge, or a good child to pray for him.”

In another Hadith in Ibn Majah, the Prophet (Peace be upon him) said:

“Some of the deeds and the rewards that follow a believer after death are: knowledge that he taught or published, a good child that he left behind, a Qur’an that he inherited to someone, a Mosque that he built, a house that he built for the wayfarer, a river that he rented (to be used free), or a charity that he gave from his wealth during his good health and his life; these are the ones that follow a person after his death.”

Respected brothers and sisters! Life in this world is a temporary one. The real life is the one of the hereafter. In this respect, the Qur’an states in Surah Al-Ankabut:

“What is the life of this world but amusement and play? But verily the home in the Hereafter – that is life indeed, if they but knew.” [Qur’an, 29:64]

Wallahi we are all here on a trial basis, we are here on a temporary basis, and we are here for a passage to heaven and paradise. The real life of an eternal rest is that of the hereafter. In this respect, Allah says in Surah Al-Mumin:

“O my People! This life of the present is nothing but (temporary) convenience. It is the Hereafter that is the home that will last.” [Qur’an, 40:39]

My beloved people! Know that, without coming to this world, and without dying we can’t go to paradise. We can’t dream to go to paradise without tasting death. So we have to die whether we like it or not. Death is truth (haqq). It is a passage to paradise. Therefore, each has to remember death and to prepare himself for that day. Our beloved Prophet reminded us that we have to remember death, as it is the one that defeats all types of pleasures.

Ibn Umar narrated that the Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon him) said:

“Increase your remembrance of the One which defeats pleasures.”

While we are to remember death, we have to prepare ourselves to meet it – before it meets us. In this regard, our beloved Prophet said:

“Do for your life as if you are to live eternally, and do for the hereafter as if you are to die tomorrow.”

Remember that death is a process of rest for both the believers and the wicked. We hope and pray that we Muslims obey Allah in our private and public life. We hope and pray that Allah will be happy with us. We pray that when death comes to us, we are ready to face it with courage. We hope that when we die, we will die as loving sincere Muslims. Ameen.

Lastly, my beloved people! Let’s continue praying. May Allah grant the Chief Imam of Ebiraland, Sheikh Musa Abdullahi Galadima Jannatul Firdaus. May Allah forgive his shortcomings, mistakes and failings, and grant everyone of us who cherished the impact he had on us the fortitude to bear the irreparable and irreplaceable loss, ameen.

Wassalamu Alaikum,

Written by your brother, Imam Murtadha Muhammad Gusau, Okene, Kogi State, Nigeria. He can be reached via: gusaumurtada@gmail.com or +2348038289761.